This process can be intimidating, but if you arm yourself with the correct information you will succeed! Remember…by the time you get to apply most of the hard work has already been done, now you just need to get organized. We hope you find the links below helpful, but remember nothing replaces attending our grade level parent nights, participating in our college application workshops and making an appointment with your counselor.
- Letter of Recommendation form
- College Admissions Testing Requirements – To qualify for entrance to most universities students must complete a prescribed set of classes with an excellent GPA, as well as completing college admissions tests. Students may take either the SAT or ACT tests to meet the college entrance testing requirements.
- College Admissions Course Requirements – To satisfy the UC and CSU subject requirements, students must complete 15 units of approved high school coursework in 7 subject areas. These courses are also known as the “a-g” subjects or requirements. Choose this link to see the specific courses required in each subject area. You will also find information on how the UC and CSU align and how the differ. In general if students prepare themselves for the most competitive UC schools they should meet and/or exceed the entrance requirements for most private universities. However, it is good practice to check specifically with each school’s website and to make an appointment with your counselor.
- Admissions Guide and Timeline
- Calculating your UC/CSU GPA
- COLLEGE TIPS
- Choosing the Right College
- College Application Options
- Colleges that Accept Students in late Spring
- Preparing 9th and 10th graders for College and life!
- Presenting Yourself on the UC Application
- UC Personal Insight Questions