From the desk of Leslie O’Connor, Principal
Week #5 Friday, September 20, 2013
- Congratulations to our Girls’ Volleyball team for outstanding wins this week over Atascadero and Mission Prep. Go Tigers!
- Congratulations to Maddie Mundorf & Elise Gubbins on their selection as National Merit Semi-Finalists. These academically talented seniors have an opportunity to apply for one of the 8,000 National Merit Scholarships.
- Thank you to the parents who attended the Instructional Day Meeting this week. Dale Overland, James Bruce & Nick Frost did a wonderful job presenting the committee’s findings.
- There was standing room only at the Senior Parent Night hosted by our awesome Counseling staff this week.
- Rita Delkeskamp masterfully facilitated the ELAC meeting this week. Thank you to all the parents who attended.
- FFA hosted a very successful BBQ fundraiser. Thank you parents, students, & staff for the support of FFA!
- Kudos to Dante Cappellano & James Zanoli on their selection to the TEAM USA high school rugby try-outs. Best of luck to these aspiring student-athletes from SLOHS.
- Thank you Home Economics & Fine Arts for hosting our staff TGIF in the library this morning. Thanks for coming out!
- Kudos to all the students involved in the Bike Drive in the SLOHS Parking Lot Saturday. We collected 54 bikes, an assortment of helmets, locks, and bike parts! The students involved will refurbish all of the bikes, and donate them to the Prado Day Center. Way to go student volunteers!
- Once again ASB’s OPEN MIC at lunch on Thursday was a big hit!
- MON. SEPT 30 – Late Start . 1st period begins at 9:30am. Teachers will be meeting in departments.
- TUES. OCT 1st—Sign-ups for PSAT (Oct 19th) and PLAN (Oct 26th) test begin at LUNCH in the ASB office. $25 for SLOHS students early registration. Juniors are recommended to take the PSAT. Sophomores the PLAN. Both are good practice for college entrance exams.
- WED. OCT 2nd at 7PM SLOHS Cafeteria—Sophomore Parent Night. Please join the COUNSELORS for an informational meeting focused on the college admissions requirements, testing options, important dates and an opportunity for Q & A. See you all there!
- FRIDAY, OCT. 4th – CADA Leadership Conference for ASB students.
- SAT. SEPT. 28th—2nd ANNUAL SLO TIGER ATHLETIC BOOSTER BASH—Madonna Expo Center 5PM. Contact Cheri Humphrey at 431-1093 or Tami Nicholas at 431-9685 for reservations, tickets or donations!
- Have great weekend ! See you at the Bash!