Friday, June 9, 2023 @ 5:00 p.m
San Luis Obispo High School
LIVESTREAM THE CEREMONY! If not all of your loved ones can make the ceremony, click or scan the QR code to LiveStream the ceremony in the comfort of your living room.
All Seniors who are planning on graduating MUST attend graduation rehearsal. Rehearsal will take place on Thursday, June 8th starting at 8am in the big gym. Please arrive promptly as there is a lot of information to go over. CAP AND GOWNS will be distributed at the end of rehearsal so do not leave without it! Rehearsal typically takes about two hours. Graduates are free to go once it is complete and you have your cap and gown.
Please scroll down for more information regarding Graduation Day, proper attire, parking and other useful information.
CONGRATULATIONS CLASS OF 2023!
If you have any questions, please call us at 805-596-4040.
San Luis Obispo High School’s Commencement ceremony has a long-standing tradition of being a respectful and dignified ceremony. Our graduates have worked hard towards this milestone. We know you share our respect for the significance of Commencement and all it represents to our students, community, and school.
Gates will open at 3:30 p.m. for all guests. All guests should be in their seats by 4:45 p.m., at the latest.
For ease of seating, it is suggested that parties arrive together.
For guests who cannot attend in person, graduation will be livestreamed. A link will be posted on our website.
- All graduates must arrive at the Big Gym NO LATER THAN 3:00 p.m. on Friday, June 9th.
- Our graduation photographer will be taking pictures in the gym, so arriving a little early would be helpful and guarantee you get your photo taken. The photographer will be ready by 3:00 p.m.
- Parking will be tight. Carpool, ride-share, or get dropped off if you can.
- Graduates should not have bags, purses, or cameras. Please either leave them in your car or with a friend/family member before entering the gym. There will not be a place to leave your items during graduation, and the gym will be locked once graduates walk out to the ceremony.
- Example dress for graduates includes:
- Dress slacks, skirt, dress, collared shirt, blouse, tie, dress shoes, etc.
- Nothing may be attached to or drawn on the gown or cap, or carried (i.e., leis, bouquets of flowers, buttons, boutonnieres, corsages, etc.). Please save these items for after the ceremony.
- All graduates must come with their ironed gown, cap, and tassel in hand, NOT WORN. Graduates may put these things on once they enter the gym.
- Students arriving inappropriately dressed will not be allowed into the gym and may lose the privilege of participating in the graduation ceremony.
- It is HIGHLY recommended that graduates do not wear stilettos or thin high-heeled shoes as the grass will be soft, and your heels will sink in. Wedges will be okay to wear. No flip-flops.
- Each graduate will have their photo taken as they receive their diploma.
- Photos will be available for purchase via a link sent out after graduation.
- Diplomas will be available for pick-up from the main Student Support building beginning June 12th.
There will be two main entrances to graduation:
- Through the main entrance to the stadium, off the parking lot
- Second gate to the stadium in the main parking lot
Please note, the CA/San Luis Drive gate will not be one of our entrances, but it will be open after if you would like to use it as an exit.
- Once you have been seated, please remain seated during the ceremony, and be mindful of other guests and grads so everyone can enjoy this experience.
- If you require an accessible seat, please let one of our ushers know; they can direct you to your seat. All other seating will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
- No food or drink (other than water) will be permitted.
- Umbrellas will not be allowed in the venue. We suggest bringing sunglasses.
- Approximately one week after graduation, pictures taken by our photographer will be available to view and purchase using the following link: https://photos.fansmanship.
- You are welcome to take your own photos during the ceremony, but please stay in your seat to do so.
- Parking will be available in the following locations:
- San Luis High main parking lot
- District Office/Adult School parking lot
- San Luis Drive
- Parking will be tight. We suggest carpooling, getting dropped off, or using a rideshare service if possible.
- We will have the roundabout by the student support building open for drop-offs.
- Accessible parking will be available in the main parking lot.
- Please do not disrupt the reading of students’ names.
- Alcohol, air horns, glass bottles, weapons, balloons, balls, or any items that distract from the ceremony are not permitted.
- Latex balloons are not allowed on the SLOHS campus at any time.
- Please leave pets at home. Only service animals are allowed on campus.